CliMS – On Site – Information Systems & Technology
* Migrating to automation and scripting when needed
* Manages about 10 different microcomputer servers and workstations
* Manages about 3 mobile devices
* Oversees a 3-subnet LAN, with multiple various VLANs; VLANs exposed to the Internet, some have no routing.
* Supervises traffic amongst 50 to 70 known IP connections * Manages multiple different platforms (Windows, Macs and Linux)
* Managing operating systems primarily on virtualization (VirtualBox and VMware)
* Many of the systems are legacy (OS X, Windows 2008, Windows 7)
* Coordinating, planning, and ensuring security on the critical/production systems * handling training for users of the system
* Attempts to document and log systems
* Projects that take years because of day to day user bailouts.
* Managing Voice over IP Telephony and Unified Communications platforms (VOIP and IPT)
* Specific Applications (IBM Lotus Domino, Apple’s File Maker Pro), and custom FMP code (ERP, customer database, video and media logs)
Previous experience of a small work environment with enterprise class technology (Netgear PROSAFE, Cisco IOS) and a working knowledge of streaming and media management is a plus. Ability to work with users and help desk skills is helpful.